[NTLK] Re: DSL on Ethernet card when DSL requires EnterNet interface??

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 07:44:36 PDT

* "Drew Loker" <lokerd_at_hotmail.com> on Fri, 15 Jun 2001
| But is there any hope of getting my Newton to connect to my home DSL that
| I have to use the Enternet 300 software to connect with when I use my
| computer? IN other words, at home, I ahve to intiate a connection.

Not directly. You have a PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet)
setup, which requires a PPPoE driver on the client side to talk to the DSL
router. If somebody were to write a PPPoE driver for Newton then you'd be
set for that, but that seems unlikely.

What you need to do is get a second NIC for your PPPoE client and turn it
into a gateway box for your home network.

--
Rat <ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net>    \ Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \