[NTLK] Saw this on the linux-ppc mailing list

From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 08:41:21 PDT

All,

The following is quoted from the linuxppc mailing list. Perhaps it might be
of interest to someone...

Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:07:33 -0400
From: "Chayim I. Kirshen" <ckirshen_at_linuxppc.org>
Subject: Newton and LinuxPPC

Everyone,

    I've been in contact with the maker of unixnpi, the only software I know
of that can connect to a Newton from Unix via the Newton's dock software.
Yesterday I purchased a copy of the software for i386 and requested the
source. Richard was nice enough to give it to me (it was a binary only
application).
    To make a long story short, I compiled it on my iBook and connected to
my mp2000 over a Keyspan USB-Serial PDA adapter. Everything worked great!
I uploaded software to the newton without issues. Richard was nice enough
to allow my request of making this software GNU! You all know what that
means.
    Basically, we should all give a big hand to Richard Li. Hopefully
someone can be a maintainer for a sourceforge project as I am way too busy.
Whoever wants the job can have the source and the responsibility for adding
the License. If you want to email Richard to thank him (it would be nice)
his email address is: clli_at_ee.cityu.edu.hk.

Chayim