[NTLK] Re: Looking for a MP2000/2100 Battery

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 13:14:22 PDT

Are you sure that the metal piece is missing? On the
battery cage, there should be only one metal piece and
it's on the side facing the right (batteries up
position) The newt makes electrical contact directly
with the battery's negative terminal, so there is a
"hole" in the battery cage for the spring in the Newt
to make contact with the battery directly.
If the metal piece sticking out on the right side of
the cage is missing, it's an easy enough job to
substitute a piece of aluminum foil. It just slides in
and makes contact with the positive battery position
in the battery cage.
Check your existing cage before you have to
unnecessarily spend money you don't have to.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Samuel Jacobson <sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu>
wrote:
> Dear All,
> I purchased an MP 2000/2100 a while ago and, after
> a large nightmare
> getting the unit found that it has some major
> problems. One of the less
> severe problems I quickly discovered was that the
> battery would only hold a
> charge for one day, and I could not go to the
> battery cage as I also
> discovered it was missing one of the metal
> connectors needd to close the
> circuit connection. Therefore I am now in need of a
> new battery and/or cage
> and was wondering if anyone had one for sell?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sam Jacobson

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...