Re: [NTLK] Options to install software oth.

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 14:35:00 PDT

Drew,
I'm not too sure what you need for your Newt to
recognize Ethernet, but Chuma has a really nice page
on this. http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/
Also it looks like he has PKGs there (I don't know if
his MIME is set up because I don't want to install any
of the PKGs on my Newt...it already connects ethernet)
Here is the link to the 3com driver/patch:
http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/3comaddon.pkg

Other than that, all you would need is the ethernet
stuff from the Newt CD and you're in business

Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Drew Loker <lokerd_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Cool! I just dled my first file via Modem! I didn't
> think it would work.
> Seems like I had tried before and couldn't get it to
> work!! But it did. I
> just dled the Sky guide and the Disney Map. Thanks
> for maintaining the site.
> Now if I could just get the Ethernet card working, I
> would be pretty
> pumped!! Are there any other software sites that
> keep such a simple format?
>
> Drew

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...