Re: [NTLK] No longer supported software...

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 04:25:16 PDT

on 18-06-2001 9:43, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Most
> shrink-wrap licences say that your right to use the
> software can be revoked at anytime without prior
> notice. So, the analogy to hardware isn't exactly a
> direct corelation to software.

True, though totally silly, backwards and old fashioned, and they're
wondering why so much software is being pirated, in the end most software
companies tend to be as backward as the music industry, which is in a way,
considering they're producing for a modern medium, quite astonishing.
For Newton abandon ware, I'll mail anything abandoned to anybody that's in
need of it and have done this quite a few times so far (I'm really glad that
this list moved off Yahoo ;-) but it's a very personal thing I guess.

Robert Benschop