[NTLK] NCU: ...an error has occurred (-1)

From: Rodney Rothstein (rothstein_at_cuccfa.ccc.columbia.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 22:22:26 PDT

Jim J. and Paul N.,

I tried increasing memory for all NCU associated programs to over
16Mb and I deleted all of the old preferences. All to no avail. NCU
won't send out any Names info to Claris, tab delimited or Now. The
same is true if try to backup. It goes nowhere so I can't see where
it is hung up. I was hoping that there is an easier way than relying
on back export because I have found that some of the info on the
cards gets scrambled. For example, all cards become "persons",
"company" is just obliterated. That is not a big price to pay for
desktop/PDA connection but there are other bits lost as well.
Anyway, here's a bit more strange happenings. Using an IR
connection, I started to transfer my 1600 names into my wife's MP2000
and approximately 75% of the people that get transferred become
companies. The person just becomes secondary to the company name.
Has anyone heard of this before? Is there an easy way to revert the
card back to its original state with the person primary and the
company secondary?

Thanks for all of the help and kudos to all involved for making
newtontalk a success!