Re: [NTLK] New eMates still for sale?

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 15:02:15 PDT

on 23-06-2001 7:40, John Venzon at jvenzon_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I'm new to the list, but I noticed a posting about the eMate manual. Did I
> read that right, is someone still selling new eMates?
>
> If so, who, where, how, etc?

Since I'm receiving quite a few questions privately about this I'll take the
liberty to post my ad to the list:

eMates for sale
_______________

These are brand new eMates, with one full year Apple warranty.
They are from the last supply of eMates in existence,
Apple rounded up all of the eMates worldwide that were left over
and once this supply is sold out it's very unlikely that you'll be able to
find a new eMate, especially with Apple warranty.

The price is $ 350 for one eMate
(this is excluding $ 25 shipping, based on shipping to a US address)

They come in a brown box (they were originally for the educational market)
with all the manuals on the "eMate Connectivity CD" in PDF format
(Getting started, eMate Manual, Classroom Exchange, Teachers Manual,
Newton Works Word Processor's Manual, Newton Works Graphing Calculator
Manual and the eMate 300 Teacher's Guide) and also with all the original
software. (Newton Connection Utilities, Newton Internet Enabler etc.)

They also come with the eMate 300 Teacher's Guide in paper version,
(was meant for the teacher to instruct their pupils) and a Mac connection
cable.

In case you're interested just send me an email and I'll start the
transaction through Tradenable, (formerly known as i-Escrow)
on www.tradenable.com you can read all about them in their FAQ
and register if you want to)

This is the company that does my credit card handling and also acts as a
in-between for internet trade, they'll charge you 5% for it but in return
you get the eMate for 2 inspection days without any obligation to buy it,
so if it would be bad you can just return it.

In case you still have any questions or if you want to order one just email
me, in general I'll answer the same day,

regards,

Robert Benschop

P.S.
I don't have any second hand eMates for sale, don't do any trade-ins and
(regretfully) don't have any memory upgrades for the eMate left anymore
and don't know any source for them anymore either.