[NTLK] ethernet + newton + AppleTalk ˙osebleed

From: esworp (esworp_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 22:24:58 PDT

Anyone care to point me in a good direction in regards to getting a NCU
connection through an ethernet connection under Classic emu? I had
tried telling the Dock app (no, not the swishy thing at the bottom of my
screen, silly! the one on the newton! sheesh!) to connect via appletalk
(after enabling appletalk in osx and checking in the classic layer to
see that the Chooser sez that appletalk is active), but it seems to
never get past "Looking for Mac OS Computers" when i try to get it to
see my desktop. The G4 is connected to a 6 port ethernet hub that is
sharing a cable connection by way of a NAT setup (i take this moment to
gloat about getting this working in osx) with the rest of the computers
in the house. The g4 is the natd host, and in this instance, i have
kept everything else off the network in order to weed out errors between
it and the mac. The Newton is able to access the internet both with
Chatbuddy and Newtscape (both K I C K A S S!), so tcp connectivity is
kosher.. any ideas about the Appeltalk issues?