Re: [NTLK] MP listed in storage folder?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 00:15:08 PDT

>I was wondering what the "MP" was listed in the Storage folder.
>
>Is this the system "Soup" or whatever?
>
>Can I erase it without harm to my settings/data?

The system soup doesn't appear in the storage folder (like the
Packages soup). Theoretically, in the storage folder, you have one
icon per soup. But in fact, you can have special icons there for one
or several soups, the name of the soup doesn't necessarily match the
name of the icon and so on, so it's technically feasible to have the
system soup represented by an icon called MP (although I doubt that
it's the case on your Newton).

I don't have any soup called MP. If you tap it, how many entries do
you have? If you have only a couple of entries, it's definitely not
the system soup which contain the prefs for every software you have
plus a dozen of system entries plus recent entries and modem scripts,
so you usually have rather more than 50 entries in it.

Also, you can use a soup editor to look into it and see what's there,
and if you don't need this data, trash it. If some software created
it, it might as well create it again.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/