[NTLK] [ANN] NewtDump 0.1b97

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 21:22:13 PDT

Announcing the release of NewtDump 0.1b97.

NewtDump is a Windows program that exports data from various applications
to various useful formats on your PC. It relies on Steve Weyer's Sloup
<http://www.kagi.com/weyer/>. NewtDump is free, and the source is
available.

b97 adds some important things, probably the most interesting of which is
Calendar (aka Dates) support. Exporting non-repeating meetings and events
to the vCalendar format is implemented, but largely untested. (If you'd
like to know why I haven't done repeating meetings yet, mail me off-list
and I'll show you the silliest way of storing repetition info I have ever
seen.)

Exporting from Avi's Backdrop Scribble Area and Paul Guyot's Fortunes
application is also supported. There have also been a few fixes to the
In/Out box code (multiple To: recipients are now properly parsed) and
there is finally some error checking for the serial comms.

I'm trying to get geared up for an actual stable good "1.0" release.
*Please* download it and test the stuff and let me know what you think, or
what is broken.

http://www.chuma.org/code/newton/newtdump/