[NTLK] problems with syspatch

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 23:43:52 PDT

Hello Newt community,

recently I got serious problems after installing the "newest" sys patch on my german MP2k1:
the Newt stucks during the boot procedure, but randomly, never at the same point.
Disabling all extensions does not help.
Brain Wipe does not help because this does not erase the patch.
Discharging the Super Cap (leaving the Newt unpowered over night, date and time are then reset) does not help.

Does anyone have an idea where the sys patch code is stored
and, even more important,
how to delete it ???

Maybe it is a hardware problem that this memory area is corrupted, but the Newt worked not bad before
(some strange system Errors from time to time, but nothing serious)

Any Ideas?

Johannes