[NTLK] AW: IR and Nokia - Apology!

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 02:38:15 PDT

Hello Bill,

Can you give me some URLs?
[Johannes Wolf] What I can give you is the Email address of the developer of this software (I tried to append the german file to my last posting not to offend all the english speaking members of the community, but it seems to have not worked, maybe the ListServ does not support attachments) Maybe you subscribe also to the list I have the info from: NEWTS_at_TU-CLAUSTHAL.DE
The author of this software is: stefan.auweiler_at_gecits-eu.com

Is that to say I would be using the serial cable
and NOT need a GSM card? awesome! Would that give me any fax or data
access...or only remote sort of control for stuff like SMS.
[Johannes Wolf] First: this depends strongly on the type of mobile you have.
I have a 6210 with BUILT IN modem, that means you can send/receive faxes, emails and surfing the internet without having an aditional modem/GSM-card. You have two choices: either to use the infrared link or a serial cable link.

I would like to APOLOGISE for including the entire digest quoted in my last
email...SORRY! I have been subscribed to the list for ages, but have never
contributed...got a case of the newbies! Sorry!
[Johannes Wolf] Ok, accepted.

Cheers
Johannes