[NTLK] AW: offtopic .sit/.zip files

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 07:51:24 PDT

Hello Bob,

sorry, it was not clear enough. I would propose the following:

1) check if your files have the right format (jpg or gif), converting them into the jpg format you already compress the file
2) make sure that the right extension is added to the filename (xxxxxxxx.jpg)
3) if you want to put the files into an archive use a program which is able to produce ZIP-format
4) make sure that your ZIP-File has the right extension .zip, otherwise rename it accordingly
5) what email program you are using? Make sure that the option for encoding attachments is set to MIME encoding, which is the todays most used encoding (via Internet only ASCII characters can be transmitted, so the files have to be coded first and decoded from the receiver, normally the Email programs will do that automatically)

This should work.
Good luck!

Johannes