[NTLK] Ether-help

From: John M. Powell (quixjuan_at_QuixNet.net)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 19:07:22 PDT

I hope someone has seen this before and can help.

I've got the TCP/IP Dock Transport pkg... trying
to use it to connect to my desktop with a 3Com
ethernet card. I've got NIE2.0, NDEV 1.0 (device
enabler), NIE Ethernet 2.0, LocalTalk 2.0, Inet
Setup, and the Farallon and 3comaddon pkgs
installed. My Newt is seeing the card. I can
select it in InetSetup. Also have it selected
in the Owner settings. I've got an address
setup in the Dock setup for TCP/IP.

Here's the prob... when I try to connect, I get
no light at the 3com card. I get an "establishing
link" window, then an error pops up;
"TCP/IP Dock Transport
No link setup is defined."

followed by another error window;
"Dock
An error of an unknown type has occurred."

I'm at a loss. I've had a couple others trying
to help me and it's just not happened yet. It's
probably something so incredibly silly that I'll
slap myself after finding out what it is, but at
the moment I'm a little frustrated. I'd really like
to get this thing connected.

Has ANYONE seen this error? Know what it means?

Thanks all...

John
jp_at_iwillbefree.com