Re: [NTLK] (Lord of the Rings) in Newton Book format

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 01:36:41 EST

Well,
<humility>
gosh
</humility>

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. I forgot to give
credit to the person who sent me the text files in the
first place:
I have placed the following "thanks" on my pages:
I would like to offer a special thanks to "nitin"
<nitin_at_telus.net> for supplying me with the raw TXT
files to create these Newton Books.

Personally? I've only read one of the books...and that
was an awfully long time ago...I saw a request, and an
ernest need (what swayed me was the request with the
stipulation that they already have the book so it
would not be a copyright issue) and I felt I could
fullfill it. Besides, I wrote the two pages in Cold
Fusion and I never did any Cold Fusion before. It gave
me a good excuse to learn Cold Fusion and get back
into some content development.

I must say though, there have been 47 logins to
download the books since the page went live 7 hours
ago! Needless to say, the response is greater than I
expected.

I am currently investigating other avenues to help
speed up the downloads of the packages. I have several
in mind, so by 11/01, there should be a faster
download alternative in place. For those who already
downloaded the books, I thank you for your patience!

I've never before felt like contributing to an online
community like I do for the Newton Talk group. The
sincere appreciation is well accepted and just makes
me want to do more to show that it is well given.

This is just one more way I can contribute.

And again, if anyone has any problems with the books,
let me know...I'll try and fix whatever is wrong ASAP!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Jeff <stretch_at_hurontel.on.ca> wrote:

> ED IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> I have read these books many times over the years.
> First time when I
> was 12 and thought that they were the best books I
> have ever read. I
> will enjoy reading them on my MP2000. Thanks once
> again ED.
>
> Jeff Bakker

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...