Re: [NTLK] newton 2000 parts

From: greenguy (greenguy_at_oanet.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 10:18:30 EST

I am considering sending my 2100 into Apple for repair. Here in Canada it
only costs $189.00 Canadian which is like $110.00US.

The thing is , there is nothing really wrong, just a few little things I
would like to take care of to get it into premium shape before Apple closes
the door on servicing the Newt.

In your collective experience , will they replace the case for worn rubber
coating? My screen is only slightly worn but I wanted them to replace the
touch screen and the backlight. Will they replace the battery?

I assume I would have to request all this if I sent it in, to have any hope
of it being done.

will they do it if requested?