Re: [NTLK] newton 2000 parts

From: Vernon Lemoignan (greenguy_at_oanet.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 12:15:00 EST

--- begin quoted text

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, greenguy wrote:

> I am considering sending my 2100 into Apple for repair. Here in Canada it
> only costs $189.00 Canadian which is like $110.00US.
>
> The thing is , there is nothing really wrong, just a few little things I
> would like to take care of to get it into premium shape before Apple
closes
> the door on servicing the Newt.
>
> In your collective experience , will they replace the case for worn
rubber
> coating? My screen is only slightly worn but I wanted them to replace the
> touch screen and the backlight. Will they replace the battery?
>
> I assume I would have to request all this if I sent it in, to have any
hope
> of it being done.

In my experience (three MP2100 repairs) Apple Canada only replaces units.
What they will actually do will depend on the IQ level of the phone person
you get to file your workorder with and possibly what the office in
Markham (where all Newton replacements get processed) decides to do.

Or, you could get Calvin Grier to install a third-party touchscreen
replacement with a new backlight element (when he's ready to sell, that
is):

http://pw2.netcom.com/~cgrier/

--- end quoted text

yes ,Calvin's upgrade is likely the way I'll go

Newts rule, Palms drule!