Re: [NTLK] OT: *.dat file?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 13:48:28 EST

Yes, you can change the file extension just by
renaming the .xxx to whatever you want. Just make sure
that you have extensions turned on in explorer. Also,
you can get a hint as to the file type by who gave you
the file. What kind of machine did they use? Mac?
Amiga? PC? Most machines have a preferred file type
for most images and sound files. That can help you.
You may also want to use a universal file opener.
Something like ACDsee for images, or Windows Media
Player for audio/video.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Samuel Jacobson <jacobson98_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Thank you for the help... I tried to re-save the
> program as *.wav,
> *.mpeg, and *.jpeg and then tried to run it through
> various programs that
> can handle music, video, and picture files all
> without success. Forgive my
> naivete, but can one change the file extension
> simply by saving it with a
> particular *.xxx? If not then how does one change
> the extension to a file?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Sam

> Always remember, "Ad astra per aspera"...
>

> email:
> jacobson98_at_earthlink.net
> or
> sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu
>
> Lab. Telephone (via Dr. Susan Bell): 813-974-5420
>
> SnailMail:
> Department of Biology
> University of South Florida
> SCA 110
> 4202 East Fowler Avenue
> Tampa, Florida, 3362

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...