Re: [NTLK] MessagePad vs ThinkPad

From: SlashDevNull (SlashDevNull_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 19:50:00 EST

Salutations,

  Sure, he may think those apps run faster under XP.

  But wait until...
    He needs up upgrade the hard drive...
    and then the memory
    He need to re-install the OS in six months
    He has a problem and microsoft sends him to AMD and AMD sends him to
Adobe and Adobe sends him to microsoft for help.
    Blue Screens abound
    The registry corrupts
    Someone steals all his Passport information from a Hotmail email (late
breaking news)
    His machine gets infected with the virus de jour
    He starts paying a yearly update fee for Office...
    and then XP
    He turns on IIS for a webserver and gets hit with the exploit de jour
    He fires up Outlook and gets hit with the virus de jour...
    and then the exploit de jour

He'll be back...
And I'll be laughing the entire time.

David