Re: [NTLK] MessagePad vs ThinkPad

From: greenguy (greenguy_at_oanet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 23:14:51 EST

> She said something to me that was very interesting. She said while both
> platforms can basically do the same thing. she was creative and the
> juices flowed when using the Mac. However, on the PC, the the creative
> juices flow and her solutions were much more rudamentary.
>
> BTW, right before they returned to the US, they bought a new Mac. He had
> been won over after visiting her office one day, and seeing the
> difference.
>
> Sushi
>
> --

The release of a new Microsoft OS always makes me happy to be a Mac User.
watching my PC buddies at work struggle and format and reload and pull out
this card and search for that driver and so on fills me with smugness, and
boy do I twist the knife.

Although I must admit, I've had no problems at all running XP pro in Virtual
PC on my G4. Installed in less than an hour, worked perfect first time, NTFS
file system and all! It's curious to note that XP thinks it's running on a
1.8 GHZ 686. I have screen shots to prove it!

Of course one of my co-workers commented that it was a little slow in VPC, I
just looked at his (1.4ghz AMD) still running XP setup after a week and
smiled.