Re: [NTLK] homemade screen protectors

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 18:17:18 EST

I've been making my own ever since I got my Newt. I have some info on my
screen protector page:
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/screenprotectors.html
I have only been able to try a few different types, though. I have also
tried C-Line transparency paper for dry toner copiers, but I have not
posted it yet. It is by far my favourite, though. I have over three weeks
on my current piece, which is the C-Line for dry toner copiers. I really
like the fact that it works for the copier. That lets me print a sheet of
templates on my computer and then photocopy it directly onto the material.

-James

>I was wondering...
>I have not heard a lot of discussion on this list in regards to homemade
>screen protectors. I buy sheets of plastic from a printing company and cut
>to just fit slightly under the newton's edges that are over the screen.
>This protector lasts for a week or two and then must be replaced, because it
>seems to scuff up a lot faster than the commercial screen protectors.
>But I can get several screen protectors from 1 sheet of plastic and at a few
>cents a sheet, it's a whole lot less expensive and seems to work just as
>well, though as I said, you need to change the protectors often.
>Anyone else making their own? And is there any advice as to grades of
>plastic, availability sources, etc?
>Tom

The James Elliott Newton Site
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/newton.html
Is that a Newton in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?