[NTLK] homemade screen protectors, best solution for pen/stylus combo

From: Drew Loker (lokerd_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 03:40:58 EST

Hello. I am cutting my own, in fact just cut up 4 last night. It took
forever, but I love using these. They are so much clearer than the ones that
I have tried commercially. I find I can use them for quite some time
(months), but it does get pretty messy and is really nice when I finally put
on a new one. Actually, I might actually put them on more often if they were
easier to cut. I just sent off a note to the fellow who is printing up the
outline. That would be awesome.

BTW, one of the reasons I think my sheets last as long as they do is that I
use a simple Bic clickable pen for most of my stylus use. The pen is just
one of those simple clickers. I searched high and low, tried every known
stylus options until finally realizing that the best option is just a simple
bic pen. I get the ones with the soft feel and it is perfect. Light, easy to
switch to pen, won't scratch my screen of the Newton case if I drop the pen,
and inexpensive to replace. Anyway, point is that the bic pen does not seem
to scratch the transparency material as bad as the Newton Stylus.

Drew