Re: [NTLK] Wireless + TCP/IP (www)

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 08:44:00 EST

on 04-11-2001 7:06, all_at_interlink.com.br at all_at_interlink.com.br wrote:

> I have infos. about a PCMCI ethernet wireless that works with Newton and
> PCs, not Macs.
>
>> I use Proxim RangeLAN2 / Symphony hardware. It's somewhat difficult to
>> find, but it can be done.
>> http://newted.dyndns.org/soupbox/wireless/
>
> Anybody knows anything about this?

I totally forgot about that, since I don't use a network (at least, not yet,
probably will have to somewhere in the future)
Now I do remember Stacey reporting on the list that he got all of this to
work, but I just tried to get the two required packages " Proxim RangeLAN2"
and Proxim's updated "Newton Devices" but both links are dead.
I checked on my hard drive and I do have a "proxim.pkg" but that might be
the same as on UNNA where it resides in the
Index of/unna/drivers/ethernet/proxim folder, so it looks like this might be
the wrong package.
I don't think I got the updated "Newton Devices" at the time, did anybody
else ?

Robert Benschop