Re: [NTLK] [OT] OS wars/flames!

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 13:33:15 EST

On 11/4/01, Sushi quoth:
>BTW, anybody else on this list held a byte of memory from an Eniac?

That's the big hand wound stuff right? We had some (one?) at my old
university, not sure what machine it was from, though. Held seems a
bad word, hefted or strained is more like it. Wish I still had some,
would make a great bookend, if your shelves are pretty sturdy. Maybe
just a good end table. When you see things like that it's shocking
how small Newtons and Palms are. (is this somewhat on topic? ;) )

later,

--
ben.
onefishtwofish_at_mac.com