Re: [NTLK] [ANN] ZLib for NewtonOS 1.0

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 00:53:02 EST

> Would this software be worthwhile to implement in the Newton Media
>System? Compression of video/audio would most certainly be a space-saver
>on the Newton. Or do I just not get the purpose of the software? If it
>would be, I'd be looking for some help doing it, but it looks pretty
>good!

Of course you can use the ZLib to uncompress audio/video data that
you have compressed on the desktop computer. However, note that the
data should be compressed in the same format. ZLib provides a very
specific compression/decompression method.

BTW, PNG image format is based on ZLib compression. And according to
Steve's tests, compressing with default settings on a MP2000 can fail.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/