Re: [NTLK] Platform crap...

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 04:47:11 EST

on 11/4/01 8:52 AM, Sushi at Sushi_at_ragingbull.com wrote:

> The Quadras up through the 8100's were also known, except the 660av Pizza
> Box, as the bloody knuckles machines. You would usually scrape off some
> skin upgrading memory since you had to remove the entire motherboard --
> and all the connectors as well. I used to help a VID office with their

My 650 is simple to upgrade memory on. For one, I don't have to remove
anything if I don't mind rubbing knuckles, but if I don't want to do that, I
simply remove a couple of screws and the whole stack of drives swings over
to the side, and I have open access to the motherboard, and free access to
both DRAM and VRAM. I've never gotten a bloody knuckle opening my 650, oh,
and it takes only one screw to take the top off. Nice engineering, in my
opinion... :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland