Re: [NTLK] New Sharp PDA

From: Yoshimichi Furukawa (yfuru_at_cyflexj.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 11:55:16 EST

I investigated HomePage of Japan of Sharp.

The information that Linux moved on Zaurus was not found.
But, I have checked that Java runs on it.

It is called "Personal Java for Zaurus" which Sharp exhibited, and it runs
on Zaurus.
First, you have to manufacture the Java program on PC. And second, copy it
to a memory card. Third, insert the memory card to Zaurus and copy it.

"Personal Java" is written that it operates by one several times the speed
of JavaVM.

Now, the BETA version is exhibited by Homepage called Zaurus space town.

>from Thomas Cherry.
If not sold in the United States, I think that it cannot but import from Japan.
But, it is Japanese version Zaurus.

Selling price
Zaurus MI-E21 59,799Yen of Japan. About 490 dollars.
Zaurus MI-E1 39,799Yen of Japan. About 396 dollars.
One dollars = 122Yen.

Sincerely,

Yoshimichi Furukawa