[NTLK] Camouflaged German Army-Newton

From: Hagen Lang (Hagen.Lang_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 14:17:13 EST

Hello,
as I read in the TU-Clausthal-Mailinglist there is a video from
Germany´s 1st TV Channel that shows a camouflaged Newton
in a unique case used by German Soldiers from October 16th. Go to

http://www.tagesschau.de/archiv/2001/10/16/sendungen/nm-0100/videos/bundeswehr.ram

and spool to 2.15 minutes (unless you want to see or hear
our awfull defence-minister) to see two camouflaged soldiers
kneelin in front of a forrest, one using a Newton, tapping
something into it (opening the extras?). The sequence is short
but long enough to see that it is a 2000/2001 in an absolutely
unique camouflaged case which seems to have a big flap that
leans towards the soldier´s chest and does seem to have
good protection capabilities due to it´s size.

A participant of the TU-Clausthal-Newton-Mailinglist said that
there was a German-Army-Study covering the potential
benefits of those devices for the German Bundeswehr which
is obviously obsolete after the Newton´s demise.

I really like to know if you know of any other army that uses
the Newton, especially in Britain, France or the US, what kind
of special software-programmes they might use and if one of you
ever saw one of these things. Though I am not a fan of military
stuff in general, I´d really like to receive proposals how to get one
of those unique gadgets... (ok, wishfull thinking) ;-)

Regards
Hagen