Re: [NTLK] Platform crap...

From: R Pickett (emerson_at_hayseed.net)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 17:38:07 EST

On Wed, 2001-11-07 at 14:26, SlashDevNull wrote:
> These people that HATE Apple but LOVE their products or LOVE one of them.
> So they buy ONLY what they NEED from Apple and they spend their time
> denouncing Apple in every forum or conversation that they can bring up.

But that's not me. I have a 50/50 relationship with Apple. I wouldn't
have all this deep intimate knowledge of AppleTalk, for instance, if I
simply spent time flaming everything Apple. Just because I don't like
the company doesn't mean I'm not interested in their tech. I think OS X
is about the coolest thing since Linux kernel 2.0, and the G3 and G4
boxes are really really slick.

So, I see that the attitude you're talking about roasts your chacas, but
I wasn't flipping that attitude around; you're tilting at windmills.

(*shrug) Amusing that we managed to avoid a platform war -proper-, but
have gotten into a kind of meta-platform-war about the nature of various
types of platform warriors.

--
R Pickett           The people that once bestowed commands, consulships,
Hayseed Networks    legions, and all else, now meddles no more and longs