Re: [NTLK] Platform crap... Up Yours Pal!

From: Steven M. Scotten (splicer_at_paroxysm.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 19:05:06 EST

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001 17:21:39 EST, Templarsog1_at_aol.com wrote:

>I only buy one brand of dog food for my dog because I think it is the best

So that's loyalty to your dog, and a good thing. If you were loyal to
the company, you'd buy the product even if it didn't serve your
interests.

>brand. I think that Land Rover (owned by Ford) makes the best SUV and I have

So you are loyal to your own interests, and only send your money to
Ford when it serves you.

The question is: if Apple, Ford, or Alpo (or whatever) stops making the
product that you like, will you still buy their other products even if
those other products don't serve your needs? Will you keep on buying
Fords even if Fords don't meet your qualiy standards? Will you keep on
buying that brand of dog food if your veterinarian tells you that it's
bad for your dog? Where does your loyalty lie, to your dog or to the
corporation? If it's to the corporation, I say you are a pathetic piece
of rubbish.

Fortunately, from what you wrote that doesn't seem to be the case.

Steve