Re: [NTLK] Platform crap...

From: Hal Widlansky (hal_at_whoever.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 19:22:58 EST

Well, the company does fail to deliver sometimes, but so do all companies. I'd
say they deliver more often than most in their industry. Like you, I use the
tools that best fit the job. I'll still praise Apple all day long for their
visonary (if occasionally ill-timed) ideas.

People use products that work well for them. My powerbook works better than
any other laptop I've tried. I tried really hard to like a Toshiba laptop. I
ended up being the only manager at my company using a mac and had to support
it myself. I was, however, the only one to never have to have my computer
"serviced" by our MIS team in my 3 year tenure. I just started using the
Newton again because it simply works better than the competition. Sure, I wish
it was half the weight and half the thickness, and Apple could easily do that.
Every company makes mistakes...