Re: [NTLK] the way this list is going...

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 09:17:51 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 11/8/01 5:51 AM, the entity known as Samuel
Jacobson at jacobson98_at_earthlink.net conveyed the following:

> If you are put off by seeing an "OT" in the header then simply remove the
> post and move on. I would personally feel it quite a loss if people left
> due to something that I deem as so minor as issue.

I think the problem is that it's not easy for DIGEST readers to do this. To
me, even when the list stays on topic, there's a serious wheat-chaff issue.
I have an MP130. So, many of the MP2k/eMate discussions are irrelevant to
me. That's why I don't do digest form anyway. For me, then, OT discussions
aren't handled much differently than my normal handling of this list. I
still have to go down the list and select the messages that I'm not
interested in and delete them.

- Eric.