Re: [NTLK] Not really Re: Platform crap...

From: Zachery Bir (zbir_at_urbanape.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 14:57:41 EST

On Thursday, November 8, 2001, at 02:45 , Ed Kummel wrote:

> As a result, Apple's fist thing was to remove the
> arrow keys from the keyboard. They also created a
> special keyboard plug to prevent people from plugging
> in keyboards WITH arrow keys.

Not to sound like an apologist, but are you sure? Every Apple
keyboard I've ever seen has had arrow keys. Not always in the
inverted-T, but they've had arrow keys.

I admit, I'm not positive about the original Mac, but my IIGS ( and
I think the IIc ) had them...

> Apple's decision was you use the mouse, or
> nothing...you have no choice!
> Kinda funny when you consider Apple's marketing
> campagain on freedom of choice!

*sigh*

Sad, sad, sad. Is everyone done dumping on Apple yet?

Zac