Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #328

From: DON (don_at_dcphotos.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 10:06:32 EST

> Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 20:46 -0800 (PST)
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Subject: Re: Copy This!
> From: Woo Lee <vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net>
>

> quickie delete...
>
> In U.S., disclosure of holdings in other companies, check sec.gov since you
> haven't yet or own any Sony stock(I got 100 at $40.00).
> You don't need to invest in 'all', those other companies have interests in
> other companies also.
> Those other companies don't make their own medium like Sony.
>
> Sony also owns Columbia.
>
> quickie delete...
> ------------------
>> No, I Do know some companies invest in others, as do I. But you ASSUME Sony
>> has stock in all these other companies AND that all these other companies
>> Who's media does Paramount or Disney use? What about Geffen records or
>> Virgin?
>> Don
> ------------------
>
> ---------------------
>
> !ooW %-)
And just how does this have to do with anything?
First, what does my stock portfolio have to do with this "TAX"?
Second, What does YOUR portfolio have to do with this "TAX"?
Since this "TAX" goes to the artist and NOT the record companies or the
tape/CD manufacturers it does NOT figure into their NET profits SOOOO it
does not matter if Sony owns stock in TDK or Verbatim etc. You seem to be
wavering from the original topic I.E. The media TAX. You said that the
recording companies raised the price of blank media and I said that the only
way they could do this is if they owned the tape/cd manufacturing Company.
AND furthermore even IF they did Al la Sony, the "TAX" goes to the artist
NOT Sony.
Don
P.S. I'm Drinking some Guatemalan coffee