[NTLK] From Woo; LaNUG Meeting!

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 18:52:25 EST

Hello all,

this is a request for a number of things;

1. Next week is our n'th meeting(lost count). But we need to know the
best night possible, except for Thursday, Nov. 15 th. Please notify me
ASAP as to which night from Monday 11/12 to Saturday 11/17.
It will be at the AppleStore in Glendale Galleria(any requests for Newport
Fashion Island?) at 7:30 pm.

2. Martina's DSL is down, hence my email. The app., 'More Folders', in my
main Newt. has totally crashed. The listings for our LaNUG members is
re-mixed into the 'unfiled' folder. So please re-instate your membership
to me for listing in LaNUG. I had a little time to re-file a few names,
but that's only 40% at best. I sent this email to 25 members so far.
I did have a recent backup, but 'ButtonBarPlus' finally gave up the ghost.
I guess having over thirty icons in the buttonbar and over 1000 pkgs. was a
little too much. :-o
I still love these apps., but BBPlus has given way to alternating use of
Dashboard and StartBar, although Fullscreen will finalize my decision.
Please help me update the list.

3. In December we will have only one meeting. We will raffle a 'door
prize' to attending members(new folk are always welcome). *NOTICE* NO
'DOOR' WILL BE GIVEN AWAY! JUST A NEWTON-RELATED PRIZE! :-)
If programmers/developers would like to donate to our group, let me know,
we have meetings stressing particular apps. and how-to's. Our last meeting
had two new NPDS online and running(congrats. Martina and Way!)

!ooW %-) "Tony Blair's speech."
"Don't kill innocent people. We are not the ones who waged war on the
innocent. We seek the guilty."

Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!