Re: [NTLK] DOTG modem and Newton

From: Mcello_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 22:01:19 EST

Don,
I unfortunately never used the DOTG modem with my 2000 to fax anything just
get my AOL mail with Aloha. Since you have used it with your Powerbook I am
sure the firmware is properly set on the modem to recognize the phone cable.
I assume you have downloaded the Newton driver from the Kyocera website <A
HREF="http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/support/software_down/software_down.htm"

KYOCERA - Wireless</A>, and have chosen the correct PC card slot and DOTG
cellular driver in you modem preferences window in your In/Out area on your
Newton. Should work. The 1960 only handles digital data not analog as opposed
to the dual mode 860. Don't know if that is relevant or not. Let me know how
it turns out.
Myron