Re: [NTLK] Custom draw stamps and other questions

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 04:34:55 EST

>- On a similar subject: do I have any chance of finding _internal_
>memory extension somewhere?

No, especially since David Humphrey's left the ship.

>- I downloaded 'Euro-installer 1.0b1' of Kallisys. The license
>agreement says it can't be used after januari 1st 1999. If I want to
>update my 'currency exchange' program to Euro's, is there some other
>way?

No, it's not what the license says. It has a clause (back from the
time I was writing software as part of my consulting business, it
seems eons ago to me) which says that it cannot be used on a computer
manufactured after January the 1st (the idea was that in case Apple
would come back with a Newton I would have to come up with new
licensing schemes).

I won't say all that is crap as I don't want to give up the other
clauses of the license, but you're granted the right to freely use
this software.

Once the KRL (http://www.kallisys.org/reflexive/) is finalized and/or
approved by the OSI, EuroInstaller among other software will be
re-licensed to it (basically all the Newton free software I wrote
which can be open sourced). Just give me time, as usual.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/