Re: [NTLK] Comments on off topic messages of late [OT]

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 10:00:25 EST

>I think a little self- control is also in order. In other words, if you go
>off topic, try to not get carried away, and most importantly, don't get
>nasty. There were some exceptionally nasty notes on a recent thread that

I would be REALLY happy if people would just add OT to the subject line.
About one in 100 posts have that, and not 10 in 100 have been truly
on-topic the last week.

Simplemail and any newsreader can just trash them in times of excessive OT.
IF the OT addition is there.

Some of the OT tech info is useful at times, but mixed in with all the
other stuff....arrgh.

..brought to you by the campaign for labelled OT headers....