Re: [NTLK] Project Newtonberg?

From: Grant [Tonic Bottle] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 12:35:43 EST

In a previous message, Victor Rehorst typed vigorously:

>Usually I'm not this ignorant but... Project Newtonberg was a book
>repository, right? I might have a copy of that in my CDs somewhere....
>I'll have to look later.

Basically. Rob West was taking the public domain e-texts available
through Project Gutenberg and converting them to Newton Book format. I
can't recall how many of the texts he had converted, but it was fairly
substantial. There are over 4,400 titles in the Project Gutenberg
repository as of the beginning of this month. A full list can be
downloaded in a zip archive from the project's home page.

     http://gutenberg.net/

I would be more than happy to donate time and server space to start this
conversion project up again, should we find that Rob and his Project
Newtonberg data have disappeared completely. People are always looking
for sources of Newton Books. Well, this is a heck of place to begin...

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/