Re: [NTLK] LOTR (Lord of the Rings) in Newton Book format

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 16:53:35 EST

Not wishing to promote further discussion about
copyright/wrong, I can tell you that you CAN'T go to
this website:
http://newton.tek-ed.com/lotr/
And not get The Hobbit, which is NOT in Newton Book
Format and Not available, so don't even try, because
you would only be satisfying your curiosity in finding
out that The Hobbit is Not there in Newton Book
Format...
Of course, I could be completly wrong about this
and/or I could be a compulsive lier...you choose.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Thomas Cherry <jceaser_at_mac.com> wrote:

> where did you get the hobit? Did I miss something?
> >
> > I downloaded LOTR and the Hobbit in Newtonbook
> format to read them on my
> > Newton - but I also have
> > - LOTR, german translation as one hardcover book,
> > - LOTR, english as paperback,
> > - The Hobbit, english as paperback
> >
> > so I have absolutely no moral problems with this.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Alex.
> > --
> > q: If you were young again, would you start
> writing TeX again or would
> > you use Microsoft Word, or another word
> processor?
> > a: I hope to die before I *have* to use Microsoft
> Word.
> > -- Harald Koenig
> <koenig_at_tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de> asking Donald
> > E. Knuth

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...