Re: [NTLK] ser-oo1 screws (was PCBMan depart)

From: SlashDevNull (SlashDevNull_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 12:07:59 EST

Salutations,

  Which connector would break?

  The Serial port itself or the pin connectors?

  Remember I said I still use the back screw.

  And even if he uses a screw that does perfectly match the threads, I think
that would be fine. He is only going to screw the SER-001 down once, and
then leave it there. And even if he removes it, nothing else uses those
holes, so he should be safe there also.

  I asked David Humphreys about leaving the front screw out. He said that
there was a chance the board would work itself loose, not that the connector
would break.

  I'm not saying that the connector wouldn't break, he didn't mention it,
and I would think the serial port attachment would give out before the metal
pins would.

David