[NTLK] Xybernaut and Newton

From: Sean Luke (sean_at_cs.gmu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 12:40:59 EST

I had a little discussion with the CEO of Xybernaut Development Corp.
today. They're based nearby, and make a teeny tiny wearable Pentium PC
the size of a Newton, complete with a 10Gig hard drive,
Firewire/VGA/USB/etc. You can see the little beast buckled to a guy's
belt, plus the one-eye gargoyle-style monitor attached to a lady's head,
at http://www.xybernaut.com They're about to release a model that's 1/3
the current size as well.

So anyway, I heard two interesting factoids from the CEO:

1. They tried to buy Newton Inc. from Apple
2. Apple manufactured 800,000 Newton units all told

Sean