Re: [NTLK] D-Link 660 Mac driver

From: R Pickett (emerson_at_hayseed.net)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 16:26:48 EST

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> If you know that a specific Ethernet card would be compatible with the
> NE2000 driver and that the only modification to do would be to recognize the
> card by adapting the product and appropriate strings in the Newton package
> that is used to include the C++ code for the driver, then if any user with
> such a card would run the GetCardInfo package and email me the resulting
> Notepad note, I believe I could easily create a specific package for that
> card. That driver could then be uploaded in the Ethernet section on chuma.
> What say you, Victor (and others with possible Ethernet card candidates)?

Having never looked at Newton ethernet driver code, I may be positing
something completely naive, but wouldn't it be saner to have someone
'maintain' the NE2000 driver to include a list of cards it recognizes,
instead of making a bunch of largely-duplicative packages? Release
occasionally with a new version number, and a README that tells all
supported cards?

--
R Pickett              The people that once bestowed commands, consulships,
Hayseed Networks       legions, and all else, now meddles no more and longs