Re: [NTLK] NSBasic

From: Jeroen Goulooze (jeroengoulooze_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 04:34:47 EST

It depends on what you want with it.

NSBasic is nice but only for small programs. If you go above - say - several
hundred lines of code, I recommend using Newtonscript. But is nice to have
since you can program in the Newt itself. But it is slow: it is an emulator.

At the same time you can use most Newtonscript functions - also the ones not
documented in the NSBasic Manual.

Never start using Newtcard though: the program is fested with bugs.

You could use it as I did to learn the basics of Newtonscript and then take
the next step to newtonscript in NTK.

With several functions you loose memory using NSBasic where Newtonscript
does not. Try makeing a popup menu and then click it several times. KB hby
KB of heap slowly disappears.

Jeroen Goulooze