Re: [NTLK] Chatting with Palms

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 10:23:31 EST

on 11/13/01 11:47 PM, SlashDevNull at slashdevnull_at_mac.com wrote:

> I am thinking of getting the software, X-Port or something like that, to
> chat with Palms. However, I remember reading a bunch of messages that there
> were problems with it.
>
> All I am looking to do is send/receive names & addresses with it.

I'm not sure I'm following you. What do you want to do? Synch your names and
addresses with a Palm? It that's what you want to do, I've read many users
reportedly using an old copy of Claris Organizer to import their contacts
onto their computer and then bringing them into the Palm desktop application
(which was Claris Organizer), or something like that.

-Laurent.

field circus n.: [a derogatory pun on `field service'] The field service
organization of any hardware manufacturer, but originally DEC. There is an
entire genre of jokes about field circus engineers:

Q: How can you recognize a field circus engineer with a flat tire? A: He's changing one tire at a time to see which one is flat.

Q: How can you recognize a field circus engineer who is out of gas? A: He's changing one tire at a time to see which one is flat.

Q: How can you tell it's your field circus engineer? A: The spare is flat, too.