Re: [NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest broken

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 14:17:12 EST

>NewtonTalk appears to have bumped me from the digest -- I'm now on
>regular service. I imagine the same thing has happened to others.

I checked, there are 574 people getting the digest in the user database.
They're still marked as such (I haven't checked for you Sean, but I
did for me and I experience teh same problem).

>1. What gives?

Problem is that Victor experienced a digest separator, and
apparently, something went wrong. He's in a class right now, and I
think that no one knows exactly what he changed. I think it will be
fixed soon, though.

>2. How to I re-sign up for the digest again? I've forgotten.

I think this is typically useless.

>3. Has anyone noticed that the table of contents in the digest doesn't
>match the actual messages?

Yeah, there were some messages on this list about it.

Listar (for the version on meni, latest stable I think) has two
problems (except this bug Victor just introduced):
a/ it doesn't handle QP properly (and maybe various encodings neither actually)
b/ it has a bug in the digest TOC.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/