Re: [NTLK] Tablet PC

From: Darl Singh (darl_at_ses.net.nz)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 21:18:13 EST

Actually, once again this shows the brilliance of the Newton's design: I
don't use 'assist' at all.
A HWR-enabled tablet with good date-book, superb connectivity (or even
'adequate a la briefcase') email-and-web-browsing, spreadsheeting and _most
importantly_
-'instant-on'
-LONG battery life: ie 1 day + of 'real' work

-would suit me for 95% of all my portable/mobile (2 different things) needs.

My 2000u gets used mostly for meeting notes, appointments and contacts at
present: any update for me would be at both ends of the size
spectrum....notepad 'slate' and 'pocketable'.

Unfortunately, for me, the 2000 form factor is too small in one area, too
large in the other and fails on connectivity - and for all that, is _still_
the best solution out there!

Innit great this machine has enough capability to be 'many things to many
people'?

Just my thoughts,

-Darl