[NTLK] ...and the screen turned green...

From: Jakob Peterhänsel (info_at_dnug.dk)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 09:14:51 EST

It was a windy, cold and dark evening in the year 2001. I was so tired=20=

of not having my agenda handy, and found myself looking for a working=20
solution.
"Ahh", I thought, "all that syncing and stuff - why not use paper?"
Then it hit me - I never figured out the part of keeping a paper version=20=

up-to-date. So, I looked at my Nokia phone and thought about the=20
calendar in it, that sync's fine with the company Outlook companion.=20
"Nope, it's only for reminding me when I'm late.." I thought.
Ok, on the bike, went home and started to dig into the boxes laying=20
around, and in a self I found what I was looking for; the Newton 2100.=20=

It's missing the lid, but it's protected by a leather case, so it should=20=

be fine. No reaction from it, oh well - it's been in this case for a=20
year or so. Found and lugged in the power adaptor, tried the power=20
switch again. Dark screen, reaction, booting and the screen turned=20
green...

I guess this gives me a challenge: Newton and OS X.

What else is dark, cold & windy winter nights god for?

Yours,

Jakob Peterh=E4nsel
DNUG