Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #343

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 14:51:55 EST

On 11/15/01 1:51 PM, "eric engle" <engleerica_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Learning Newtonscript
>
> Hi! I am looking for links to newtonscript online
> tutorials - other than newtatut

No known online tutorial. Try to download the html version of "Programming
for the Newton using Macintosh". I use to have a link to it from my own
website, but now that WebJump is gone, those links are broken. I'm sure that
there are other sites that still have this book. That's the best thing you
can do. You could also consider joining the NMAP101 mailing list on Yahoo
which is for Newton programming beginners, although the list has been rather
quiet recently...

> Decompiling Packages:
>
> I once found a package for disassembling packages
> (written by a japanese person). If anyone has a link
> to that site (or the package) please let me know!

No idea. I personally use ViewFrame (the latest version), which is not a
disassembling but more like a debugger. A must!

> Decompiling Newtonbooks:
>
> I presume Microslave Word has a unicode to ascii
> converter: still if there are any easy ways to convert
> newtonbooks to .doc or similar formats I am
> interested.

I don't know of any (that doesn't mean that there isn't any...)

> Itsy Parts:
>
> The compaq itsy runs a strongarm processor - does
> anyone know where the parts needed to make it could be found?

No idea.

-Laurent.

coaster n.: 1. Unuseable CD produced during failed attempt at writing to
writeable or re-writeable CD media. Certainly related to the coaster-like
shape of a CD, and the relative value of these failures. "I made a lot of
coasters before I got a good CD." 2. Useless CDs received in the mail from
the likes of AOL, MSN, CI$, Prodigy, ad nauseam.