Re: [NTLK] decompile newton pkgs

From: R Pickett (emerson_at_hayseed.net)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 19:38:32 EST

On Thu, 2001-11-15 at 16:07, Mark Rollins wrote:

> From: eric engle <engleerica_at_yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #343
>
> >Decompiling Packages:
> >I once found a package for disassembling packages
>
> Not the Japanese site (altho I remember it) try these for some help:
> http://www.zeren.com/~mark/newton/
> http://www.zeren.com/~mark/newton/cdpubs/Gadgets.pdf
> http://wsmith.best.vwh.net/works.html

Also, philz's site, defunct but archived at unna, has a mess of
interesting but poorly-documented half-finished projects along those
lines, including one called 'bytecode assembler/disassembler.' Mostly
Linux source code for these tools, but as best I can tell, he dug around
in some places that nobody else got around to, so his code is at least
interesting documentation.

(Anyone know what happened to him?)

http://guelph.unna.org/mirrors/vyx.net/%257Ephilz/

--
R Pickett           The people that once bestowed commands, consulships,
Hayseed Networks    legions, and all else, now meddles no more and longs